At Greenham, we are committed to reducing our impact on the environment by considering our actions and working with customers and suppliers to find solutions that support a more sustainable way of working. By recognising the importance of reducing waste in the supply chain it will enable our customers to reduce their impact on the planet through developing innovative sustainable solutions and products. We are also looking at our packaging use and materials throughout the supply chain to understand how we can reduce waste and promote the use of more recyclable and reusable solutions.
Introducing CleanWorks new and exclusive ProEco compostable cloth which is made from plant-based materials, ensuring it is not only compliant, but has as little impact on the environment as possible. With recent press highlighting the negative effects of plastic in wipes, the entire market is looking at ways of reducing and eliminating plastic in these products.
As we are dedicated to reducing our impact on the environment, we are extremely proud to be stocking a limited life cloth which is not only FCC certified (Food Contact Clearance) but also tested and certified biodegradable and compostable according to DIN EN 13432. Using new technologies and innovation CleanWorks have made sure there is a full product life cycle. Therefore, not only is the cloth compostable, both the polybag and the packaging are made of renewable materials which are biodegradable and compostable too. The outer carton packaging is made from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified materials ensuring this wipe is sustainable choice.
This cloth fills a gap in the market which is the need for a truly environmentally friendly cloth that can easily be placed into the correct waste stream at the end of its life.
Classic non-woven cloths are different from environmentally responsible cloths, such as the CleanWorks ProEco compostable cloth, as they are often made from synthetic fibres like polyester and polypropylene that can’t be renewed. CleanWorks ProEco Compostable Cloths are made from 100% natural biodegradable Viscose fibres from PEFC certified sources. Furthermore, to reduce the risk of cross contamination, the wipes are color-coded using natural inks and according to HACCP norms. They currently come in red, green, blue, and yellow using natural and FCC certified inks which makes them suitable for use in food service establishments.
The unique structure of ProEco Compostable Cloth ensures a more hygienic cleaning and easy rinse, for a quick disposal. The wipe can be used with a variety of chemical solvents, and after rinsing-out can be disposed in the food waste bin. These cloths genuinely reduce plastic in the market as for each pack of 100 cloths purchased, the demand for half a kilo of plastic is reduced. This is an extremely important step in reducing plastic waste going into the environment.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
It really is as simple as your usual limited life cloth apart from you dispose of it in your food waste/ green waste bin rather than your general waste bin:
1. Use the wipe
2. Thoroughly rinse
3. Dispose of in green waste bin*
These cloths are the perfect alternative and help you and your business to move towards your sustainability goals.
Below highlights some of the problems that come with non-environmentally responsible disposable cloths and wiping:
• Disposable cloths are usually made of synthetic fibres, like polyester and polypropylene that can’t be recycled, increasing landfill waste
• The disposal of the packaging and polybags of cloths may result in high landfill waste
• Cross-contamination is one of the top causes of food poisoning and is caused when food comes into contact with bacteria; kitchen tools that have not been cleaned thoroughly may transfer bacteria to food if there’s direct contact
• Many cloths are hard to rinse and keep clean, wasting time and causing cloths to develop odour quickly
• Inferior disposable food service cloths cause high consumption and increase the time taken to clean
The ProEco Compostable cloth offers some solutions to the above problems to increase the efficiency and sustainability in your business:
• The ProEco Compostable Cloth is made from a bio-based raw materials which is compostable and biodegradable; helping reduce landfill waste and answering waste management concerns
• Both the polybag and the packaging are made of renewable materials and the polybag is biodegradable and compostable
• The ProEco Compostable Cloth is FCC certified (Food Contact Clearance), which makes it safe to use in food service establishments
• The cloth can be used with a variety of chemical solvents, and after rinsing-out can be disposed in the food or ‘green’ waste bin*
• The unique structure of the ProEco Compostable Cloth ensures a more hygienic cleaning and easy rinse, for a quick disposal